For some Canadians the land down under might seem like a world away, but they should still pay attention to Nauticus, a blockchain-based fintech company from Melbourne, Australia, as they’ve recently announced the launch of an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) for its own native cryptocurrency Nauticus Coin. The launch of the ICO is said to be the company’s first step in its ambitious plans of launching six global banking and eCommerce solutions in the subsequent year, by using the Blockchain Technology.
Unlike other new coins in the market, Nauticus claims that ICO backers and investors will immediately get to trade their Nauticus Coins on the company’s own cryptocurrency and fiat exchange which will be live for operations by mid-2018.
At the launch of the exchange, it will support a 100 different cryptocurrencies and sic fiat currencies (USD, EUR, JPY, HKD, AUD and ZAR). Within just next 12 months of the launch of the exchange, Nauticus will support a total of 100 cryptocurrencies and 16 different fiat currencies. In order to spur the adoption of the cryptocurrency, the company will also be offering users a discount of 50 percent on trading fees for the first year.
The funds raised through Nauticus Coin ICO will be used to boost the development and launch of its exchange. The funds thus generated will be invested in six innovative projects in a step-by-step in order to cater to all type of users like individuals, businesses and different sector of government.
RoadMap of Nauticus Projects
- After the launch of the Nauticus crypto and fiat exchange this year, the company aims to launch a crypto mining center by next year in 2019 which will be completely powered by renewable energy. The mining center will power all the processing and computing power required to run the blockchain thereby giving Nauticus a hassle-free experience. A portion of the profits generated will be used for social cause and the remaining for further expansion.
- In 2020, Nauticus plans to launch an eCommerce platform as a global marketplace with easy-to-use mobile interface facilitating instant payments underpinned by the Nauticus Coin. The platform will be available for buyers and sellers using the Nauticus Exchange wallet and the cryptocurrency. The transaction fees will be kept as low as 0.1%.
- In 2021, the company plans to launch a Merchant Payments Platform for instant merchant fund clearance. This platform will be integrated with global payment POS software, Big Data analytics and Artificial Intelligence. IT will support several contactless payment methods like NFC, Apple Pay, Android Pay, QR, etc.
- By 2022, Nauticus aims to be a global partner in blockchain-based KYC identification system for user verification. The company assures that all the user data will be stored securely and will be shared with third-parties like businesses, governments or other organizations only upon the request of the customer using secured biometric authorization.
- By 2023, the company wants to launch its own ICO gateway and support companies within the blockchain community to launch its coin on their platform.
ll the processing and computing power required to run the blockchain thereby giving Nauticus a hassle-free experience. A portion of the profits generated will be used for social cause and the remaining for further expansion.
Nauticus ICO is available until April 30, 2018. The Nauticus Coin tokens will be based on Ethereum’s ERC 20 protocol. One can purchase the Nauticus Coin tokens through different payment options like PayPal, VISA, Mastercard, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash.
|Start date:||18 – 03 – 2018 / 00 : 00 GMT|
|End of ICO:||18 -05 – 2018 / 00 : 00 GMT|
|Total token supply:||2,500,000,000 NTS|
|Tokens supplied post ICO||NIL|
|Soft Cap:||$ 8,000,000.00 USD|
|ICO Target||$ 68,000,000.00 USD|
|Hard cap :||$ 88,000,000.00 USD|
More details of the project can be obtained through its official whitepaper.